Sunday, July 3, 2016

July;




It is of popular belief that you should at least achieve one of the following three things in your time in university:

a) Have a life changing experience
b) Meet the love of your life
c) Change the world

You’d think that for a person who spent 6 years living away from home for the sake of tertiary education, I’d be able to walk away with at least one of the three things. Well first and foremost, I suck in maintaining friendship. I'm a high maintenance friend and I will not explain to you what that means but suffice to conclude, other than the usual few favourite person(s), I don't have much of a social circle here. I'm not okay with it but neither do I want to fix it because I don't intend to stay here for a very long time. Secondly, way up here in good ol’ Sungai Petani/Alor Setar, nothing life changing ever happens. In fact, I’d dare say nothing ever happens. You could go home to the city for 3 days, and when you return, this town is exactly the way it was last week. 

Or maybe I have went through all three things. Just in subtle ways that may take a further 6 years to ponder and digest. 

I think I’ve learnt by now that it’s not the things you achieve that you appreciate most; it’s the things you’ve built. Once you’ve ran a marathon, you don’t remember the moment they hand out your finisher’s medal. When you’re old and senile and just had your 2nd stroke, you’d cherish the time running 10k every day, and you'd proudly tell everyone you ran a total of 500km in 3 months even when you can't remember your grandchildren's name.

I feel like I’ve been up to so much in the past couple of months that I’ve been missing from the blogsphere. One day when I’m 50 and I’m still thick-skinned enough to be keeping this little corner in the world wide web, I wouldn’t even remember that little window of time in final year where I was so stressed out I cried because I had breakouts and mysterious eczemas/backache and feel ultimately ugly and then went on random food strike, only to binge on extremely high caloried food later. Yeah that's how messed up I am right now .___.




But nevertheless. We’re almost there, just one final, FINAL push. 

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com