Sunday, January 5, 2014

memory lane;




Has 2014 been treating you well the past 5 days?

NYE was spent walking in the campus like drunktards while gazing at the stars in the night sky, fork-fighting over 2 slices of Secret Recipe among the 6 of us, laughing over dirty jokes, and all the other nonsense. 

Oh and I spent the NYE coughing my lungs out too. .___.



2014.
Fresh starts. 
Thanks to the calendar, they happen every year. Just set your watch to January. Our reward for surviving the holiday season, is a new year. Bringing on the great tradition of New Year’s resolutions. Put your past behind you, and start over. It’s hard to resist the chance at a new beginning. A chance to put the problems of last year to bed.

Who gets to determine when the old ends, and the new begins? It’s not a day on a calendar, not a birthday, not a new year. It’s an event. Big or small. Something that changes us. Ideally, it gives us hope.

A new way of living and looking at the world. Letting go of old habits, old memories. What’s important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning. 

2013... was a year full of lessons that I don't wish to talk nor to recall any of it. If I had a time machine I wish I could change the past. 

But it’s also important to remember that amid all the crap are a few things really worth holding on to.

Like this surprise advanced birthday party my family members (even the extended ones) and my dearest friends threw for me.



And this surprise birthday party we prepared for this woman.


Anything after that was horrible. I was in a complete mess.

But I'm grateful that those terrible-horrible-vegetable events happened, because without them I wouldn't have been who I am today.

It made me push myself beyond my limits, in life... and in the gym




And this!!



This must be documented because I'm proud that I made this change. 



I started clean eating since the year started. No more replacing meals with biscuits or junks, cut down on refined carbs, processed food and sugar, detox. It feels like... rebirth from the inside of my body. :D

2013 is also a year where I had the MOST coffee intake in my entire life. From free coffee samples in Jusco (#cheapskate), 3-in-1 premix, Ah Weng gor Hainam coffee, fancy cafe's coffee, Starbucks to freshly brewed imported coffee beans that cost RM30 for a cup (thanks Tony! :P)... 



I have it so much that I think my blood type is Coffee instead of B+. .__.

2013 has changed me (wth why so cliche wan) and I managed to convince myself that these changes are for good. After all, nothing in the world is permanent but change. 

This thought itself shows such a drastic transformation of mine because I used to be a conservative change-allergic person. I'm more flexible now. :D

Wah such a long post. I haven't been so draggy/naggy/cheong hei for such long period of time already. Is this a sign of aging or what?

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com